What does a Reiki treatment feel like?
Receiving Reiki is a very simple process, but usually produces quite profound effects. The session begins by lying down on a treatment couch, fully clothed, closing your eyes and listening to gentle, soothing music, which helps to produce a state of deep relaxation. Then the Reiki practitioner will gently rest their hands upon you, non-intrusively, in a series of positions from the crown of the head to the feet.
Each hand position is held for a few minutes, and during this time healing energy will flow into you, balancing your energy system, releasing stress, soothing pain, and promoting your body’s natural ability to heal itself. As the energy flows, most people will feel warmth, or heat, or tingling from the Practitioner’s hands. It is usually a very relaxing experience: some people fall asleep. Other sensations may include seeing colored lights or feeling as if you are floating. Sometimes people have an emotional release, as emotional turmoil is brought to the surface and dissipated.
Effects of Reiki”
- Reiki supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself by enhancing and supporting the immune system.
- Reiki relieves stress and helps the body to relax – sleep better, etc.
- Reiki vitalizes the mind and body.
- Reiki can help you overcome habits such as smoking, alcohol, drugs, overeating, etc.
- Reiki balances the body’s energies giving a feeling of harmony and wholeness.
- Reiki loosens up blocked energy and promotes a state of total relaxation.
- Reiki cleanses the body of toxins promoting good health.
- Reiki adjusts itself according to the needs of the recipient.
- Reiki relieves pain.
- Reiki is an ancient technique of channeling the universal life force healing energy by placing the hands on the physical body (with clothes) to the aura.
- Dr. Miko Usui rediscovered this ancient healing art in the early 1900s. Reiki produces Ricky promotes healing physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level.
- Releases and clears energy blockages
- Activates chakras and transforms energy
- Relaxes the mind, body and soul
- Restores energy to a balanced state
- Relieves stress, tension and pain
- Boosts self-esteem and calms fears
- Rejuvenates and energizes
- Accelerates and enhances the body’s natural ability to heal and detoxify itself
- Reiki will never cause any harm to anyone, it can be performed safely on infants, children, adults, seniors and animals.
- Reiki is a complete healing system and will complement and enhance all other forms of therapy , both alternative and conventional.